Limitations and Exclusions
Unless otherwise shown below, these exclusions apply to You, Your Traveling Companion, or Family Member scheduled and booked to travel with You.
The following exclusion(s) appl(y)(ies) to the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption and Medical Expense.
We will not pay for any loss or expense caused due to, arising or resulting from:
- 1. a Pre-Existing Medical Condition, as defined in the Plan Document.
The following exclusions apply to the Medical and Dental Expense benefits. We will not pay for any loss or expense caused due to, arising or resulting from:
- 1. routine physical examinations or routine dental care;
- 2. traveling for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment or advice;
- 3. Alcohol or substance abuse or treatment for the same;
- 4. Normal pregnancy (except Complications of Pregnancy) or childbirth, or elective abortion;
- 5. a Mental, Nervous or Psychological Condition or Disorder unless Hospitalized or Partially Hospitalized while the Plan Document is in effect;
- 6. Your participation in Adventure or Extreme Activities, riding or driving in races, or participation in speed or endurance competition or events, except as a spectator;
- 7. Your participation in an organized athletic or sporting competition, contest, or stunt under contract in exchange for an agreed-upon salary or compensation. This does not include athletes participating in exchange for a scholarship or tuition. li>
In addition to any applicable benefit-specific exclusion, the following general exclusions apply to all losses and all benefits. We will not pay for any loss or expense caused due to, arising or resulting from:
- 1. suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury of You, a Traveling Companion, Family Member or Business Partner booked and scheduled to travel with You, while sane or insane;
- 2. being under the influence of drugs or narcotics, unless administered upon the advice of a Physician as prescribed;
- 3. activities, losses, or claims involving or resulting from possession, production, processing, sale, or use of marijuana, illegal drugs, alcohol or substances are excluded from coverage;
- 4. war or act of war, including invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities between nations (whether declared or undeclared), or civil war;
- 5. the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation by You, a Traveling Companion, Family Member, or Business Partner;
- 6. directly or indirectly, the actual, alleged or threatened use, discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, escape, release or exposure to any hazardous biological, chemical, nuclear radioactive weapon, device, material, gas, matter or contamination;
- 8. a loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs;
Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects: See plan documents for full details
MEDICALLY FIT TO TRAVEL EXCLUSION: We will not pay any expense as a result of You having been advised in writing that You, Your Traveling Companion,
or Family Member scheduled and booked to travel with You are not Medically Fit to Travel at the time of purchase of coverage for a Trip, as defined in the plan.
If coverage for a Trip is purchased and it is later determined that You, Your Traveling Companion, or Family Member scheduled and booked to travel with You were
not Medically Fit to Travel at the time of purchase of coverage for Your Trip, as defined in the plan, the coverage is void and plan cost will be returned.
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION EXCLUSION WAIVER:
We will waive the Pre-Existing Medical Condition exclusion if all of the following conditions are met:
- a. Your plan cost this plan and enrollment form is received within the Time Sensitive Period;
- b. You are medically able and not disabled from travel at the time Your plan cost is paid based on assessment of a Physician.